Well I have been in Ohio for a couple of days now, I have seen a bit of Columbus city, the Ohio state University down there and its large areas that it takes up, as well as taken down some of the places that my friends over here have stayed and lived after watching Avatar in 3D for a second time, this time with a couple of others which was a little funny - the reactions to the 3D was amusing!
Today I got shown around Marian town, a little place that is essentially in the middle of nowhere but it has some interesting things in it.
One of these is the largest memorial to a president outside of Washington D.C. - and its for the ex.president who died in office, Warren Harding. [Photo's HAVE been uploaded so you can see nice pictures of it] and courtesy of some luck myself and my friends where allowed INSIDE the monument - usually it is blocked off to visitors, but some workers there let us in and we talked and had a nice look around *quickly looks left and right* I even managed to score a piece of the marble that was loose from that place.
Tomorrow looks like being the last semi-full day in this household as after that we head on over to watch a concert that is a few hours drive out, AGAIN - everything here is a *few* hours (ala 4-5) so leaving early is always handy....
Hopefully I can snap some more pictures now my Camera's batterys have been recharged - unfortunately the combo of my USA->AUS powerpoint adaptor doesn't work with the charger for my camera batteries so I borrowed one from around here after luckily spotting it.
All still going well and I am liking the lightly warmer weather here, its still snowy and icy but at least it wont bite you when you step outside for more than a second.
It's kinda amazing to think how long I have here.... and how short a time I have left, although everyone seems to love to pile the international crap on the USA I am kind of liking it over here - that being said the people I am staying with and meeting are wonderful people, kind, intelligent and friendly.
Hmmm... that being said they still arn't the most well informed people I have met, today I got asked by one of the elder children (about 15 odd) i am staying with, after passing an American Civil War Memorial and a WWII Memorial whether Australia had fought in World War II... I was, a little dissapointed at having to point out his mistake - and informed him as to what area's we had fought in, which ended up in a long conversation about Americans and their foreign involvment policy.
So as nice as these people are, the government has them all hoodwinked, they may be intelligent and smart but the propoganda here is so thick you can almost swim in it.
Ah well, things are the way they are and I can't change them all, just a couple here and there for now ;)
However being nearly 3am here, this will do and sleep becons, untill next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment