Thursday, January 28, 2010

Leg 2: Buffalo

Well after a long trip from Washington D.C. I have made it up to Buffalo, NY.

The trip itself was fine, however towards the end the "lake effect" snow hit us and we ended up driving through a minor snow storm on the outskirts of Buffalo.

Speaking of snow, its everywhere here - every night so far it has snowed and quite heavily.

still feeling a bit under the weather from the flight, jetlag is a real killer if you let it get to you, hehe.

Well the past couple of days have just been rest days and a little sight seeing around Buffalo itself. I then head off to Ohio for a few days and then onto see a concert nearby while hopefully stopping in Cincinnati to meet up with another friend from EVE.

Staying in Buffalo has been an interesting experience - I was taken to a local grocery store/supermarket called "Wegmanns" or something like that - in any case it has everything there, they make most of the bread and biscuts and such in house where you can see them doing it.
they have pre-cut and ready meals, all you have to do is mix it together and cook it, it was really quite amazing, they also offered a cooking class during the day, about lunchtime near the entrance for people to stop and watch, just amazing.

And for the first time while being here I had Starbucks Coffee, and may I say it's nothing super special but they have some really weird coffee's.
Oh and the serving sizes are still huge....

Speaking of huge, and I know I go on about this alot but it really is an amazing thing...
the toilets right? They are also quite large - long and shallow, I didn't pay attention to this untill I was at a truck stop on the way to Ohio and looked at one of them for more than half a second and then at one of the truckies coming out - now it makes perfect sense... they are all obese balding men and thats the only Toilet that they could fit on!

Gotta love America eh?

Well Ohio should be nice and I will take lots of nice pretty pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment