Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Leg 1.5: Auckland Airport

Well I am successfully through Auckland customs and I am now waiting for the plane to land so I know which departure gate I will be using!

Things went smoothly so far, the morning was gentle and easy however my Aunty Sandy is now my only way of getting camping gear back to Aus as the Australian customs are likely (99% chance) of having to pull apart all the gear and check it since I have been camping... this costs a "few hundred dollars" according to the guy we spoke to, so it will just have to wait - Sandy said she would look after it for me, god bless my Aunty! Oh and I also got some new shoes (See I did it mum!) and through my old ones (:( I liked those shoes!) however they had two large splits down their sides by now.

Hopefully things keep going smoothly and I reach Washington DC latter today/early tomorrow (whichever timezone you prefer!)

Will post again when I get to my hotel in D.C

No comments:

Post a Comment