Monday, January 4, 2010

Leg 1: Auckland - Preperation Days

Well nothing much of anything happened today, other than a "quick" drive across the island to visit one of my Aunty Sandy's friends who leave on a hill overlooking one of the larger beaches, and when I say large I mean large, this thing was easily a good five to ten kilometres long on the part I could see, but was probably double that end to end. It was a beautiful day though, shining and clear skies and barely any real wind.

The timezone difference has caught me out all ready, my body clock is still running on Australian time as the difference wasn't that big, hence I woke up at 8am Aus time, but it was 10am here... which was probably latter than needed it to be.

After visiting a friend of Allen's down at a beach on the wast coast (opposite side of the Island :o ) for a couple of hours and looking at the black sand, which is actually proper black - its apparently Iron-Sand, which makes it hotter and darker (well no duh, its black!) we came back to the house in Waiwera and relaxed for the day, so another day of preperation finishes without much happened, however come the 6th (the day we fly out) I think things will get a bit more hectic ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment