Saturday, January 2, 2010

Leg 1: New Zealand - Auckland

Well I made it, in one piece amazingly enough, for a first solo international flight it was a piece of cake - the flight was comfortable and enjoyable, the service and meals nice and welcome, the drinks cold and refreshing and the inflight entertainment kept me amused the entire way with a good viewing of Transporter 3 (God I am a sucker for a good cheesy action flick :P)

May I say though, New Zealand, for all its Sheep Molesting untamed bruteishness is an amazingly beautiful place, the landscape is stunning and I haven't taken any pictures but in the morning I think I will take a couple of happy snaps so I can document what an amazing place this really is.
(Even if they do name all the cars wrong, its a Subaru LIBERTY nor a Legacy! silly Kiwi's...)

Ah well, the next couple of days should be good, get some of my time-grounding back and get sorted for the trip down south, but after the rigmarole of the International flights the local 1 hour 50 minutes from Auckland to Queenstown will be a breeze, and I am looking forward to getting back into Queenstown, its such an amazingly beautiful place and I can take pictures of my own of the Remarkables and the other spectacular places they have to offer down there.

For now I think another beer and a bite to eat before some rest will be a nice way to end a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment