Thursday, December 31, 2009

Stopover 1: Melbourne

Safely arrived in Melbournew ahead of the new years lightning show, which by the time we finally arrived at the house myself and mum are staying at, was right on our heels.

It is still oppresively hot over here, even in a nice cool house I am sweating and feeling hot while the thunder rumbles outside and the rain pours down.

Looking forward to the day off tomorrow so I can recover, apparently I am going to get some new shoes as the ones I have are too shoddy for the US of A [I personally think they are great shoes!]

The lady we are staying with is a long time friend of mum's Mary, an italian lass who is the only person (And I am not joking) who can tell my mum to shut up and do as she says, that being said the food and drink was amazingly nice and everything here is spotless, so such a level the cats (of which there are two, dawww) are not allowed to sit on the couches unless their blankets are layed down, I learn't that the hard way, sat on one and nearly felt the roof move when Mary Screeched "Don't sit on that!" all in all its a wonderful place and I look forward to a good nights rest.

The flight itself however, early today was a real pain in the neck, easily 30-45 minutes late and the crew where a joke, I will not willingly fly Jetstar again unless there isn't anything else.

Waiting at the Airport in Hobart wasn't bad, nice and cool and to pass the time I bought myself a book (Based on the game Assasin's Creed 2, which I look forward to reading) and the newest Topgear Australia magazine, which I have nearly finished and as usual is a good laugh (I do recomend it, there is some... well I would clasify it as car Porn, but in reality there are just some extremely beautiful cars.)

Speaking of lovely cars though, on the drive down Bell St here in Melbourne I was looking around at the car showrooms dotting the street and my eyes where caught by a used sales yard EXCLUSIVELY for Japanese sports cars, I have never seen so many Toyota Supras, Nissan Skylines and other desirable cars in one lot... I nearly came I swear! (maybe an exageration but hot damn it was nice) If I had some time and alot of cash I know where I would be going tomorrow!
Anyway, thats all for now - I will probably try and update again before I leave Aus, and then again when I get into NZ.

Lets hope things go a little smoother now than today!

No comments:

Post a Comment